Everyone has the right to provide feedback. It may be positive, or you may have something you feel upset or uncomfortable about. You might have an idea you’d like to share with us about something we could do or change. Good or bad, feedback is an important part of the way we review and assess ourselves and our services, so we take it very seriously. If you have something to say, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us.
View our downloadable Guide to providing feedback, compliments and complaints
You don’t have to identify yourself
Your feedback can be provided to us anonymously. Of course, if you would like us to make a change relating directly to your particular service or circumstances, it is helpful for us to know who you are, so we can address it as quickly as possible. But the decision is yours.
The best ways to provide feedback anonymously are:
Send us a letter in the mail, addressed to:
Attention: The Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 96 Islington 2296
Call us, and ask to provide feedback anonymously over the phone on (02) 4979 7777. You can talk to any member of our Team, including the Human Resources Manager, Client Services Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
If you need help to provide feedback
If you need help to provide feedback or make a complaint, you can ask a support person/carer to help you. Or, you can ask us to provide extra help and support to submit your feedback. Your feedback or complaint will be handled respectfully and sensitively You will not be treated differently for saying what you think and how you feel. If you are a client, you will not be disadvantaged by telling us your thoughts.
Why feedback is important for everyone
Telling us your thoughts not only helps us to reflect upon our own organisation, it’s an important way for you to make sure you are getting what you need from us.
Here are some examples:
- You know someone who has had a bad experience with LeapFrog and is upset or unhappy
- You want to offer recognition or praise for a member of staff
- You want something changed about the way we support you
- You have an idea about how we can do things better or differently.
Other ways to give feedback
You can choose how you want to give feedback:
For Compliments and General Feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Complaints: Please fill in our Complaint Form so we can gather as many specific details as possible to help resolve the matter (note that once opened, you will need to download and save it to your computer as an Adobe file). You can get a copy of this form at either of our offices or download it here.
In person Drop into one of our offices and speak to any member of our Team:
Head Office: 37 Fern Street, Islington, NSW 2294
Warners Bay Office: Unit 22 335 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay 2282
By phone (02) 4979 7777
By post Attention: The Chief Executive Officer LeapFrog Ability PO Box 96 Islington 2296
What happens once you provide feedback
LeapFrog have a formal procedure to ensure that your feedback is heard and responded to within reasonable timeframes:
• Upon receiving a complaint, LeapFrog will provide a response within seven days
• We will do our best to resolve the issue in 30 days, or tell you why.
(Records will be kept for the purpose of future review to inform service improvements. LeapFrog Ability follows provisions set out in Mandatory Reporting Legislation).
Who else can help?
If you are not happy with our response to your feedback you can talk to someone else.
- Family Advocacy Phone: (02) 9869 0866 Fax: (02) 9869 0722 Toll free: 1800 620 588 (nonmetropolitan NSW callers only) Email: email@example.com www.family-advocacy.com
- NSW Police (for violence or threats of violence) The Police Assistance Line (131444) operates 24hrs a day, 7 days a week
- Office of the Public Guardian Phone (02) 8688 2650 Toll free: 1800 451 510 TTY: 1800 882 889 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, www.publicguardian.justice.nsw.gov.au
- Legal Aid NSW Toll free: 1300 888 529 www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au
- Anti-Discrimination Board email@example.com Newcastle office Suite 5, Level 5, 400 Hunter Street, Newcastle NSW 2300 PO Box 1077, Newcastle NSW 2300 Phone (02) 4903 5300 Fax (02) 4903 5376 TTY (02) 4903 5389 The Newcastle office is wheelchair accessible. The nearest accessible parking spaces are on Hunter Street
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for Privacy related concerns) Phone: 1300 363 992 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +61 2 9284 9666 Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Phone: 1800 800 110 www.ndis.gov.au
- Complaints Resolution & Referral Service Phone: 1800 880 052 www.crrs.net.au
- Department of Ageing, Disability & Home Care Phone: (02) 9377 6000 (Central Office) TTY: (02) 9377 6167 Email: email@example.com www.adhc.nsw.gov.au
- NSW Ombudsman Phone: (02) 9286 1000 Toll free: 1800 451 524 TTY: (02) 9624 8050 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.ombo.nsw.gov.au