Leapfrog Ability is a person-centred disability service provider delivering unmatched humanity, innovation, professionalism and experience. We offer a selection of complementary core services, including Therapeutic Services, NDIS Plan Coordination and Group Learning Programs, and as a longstanding, local team of caring individuals, we are proud of our status as the leading support provider to people living with a disability.
We are an organisation of passionate contributors who work collaboratively to create an environment where families and individuals feel inspired to conquer some of life's greatest challenges. Due to ongoing changes in our industry, we continue to grow and are currently seeking a talented and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team in Wyong.
Working with a small yet powerful team, this much anticipated new addition will be directly responsible for supporting people living with a disability; providing them with the skills, confidence and networks to lead more independent lives.
We are an organisation that really values collaboration and this role will allow you to test your creativity. With a diverse caseload, you will be working out and about in the community, supporting your clients and their family and providing a holistic and lifelong approach to their care.
You will work alongside a diverse, talented and passionate group of Health Professionals and be offered rewarding professional development opportunities along the way.
Specifically, this includes:
- Independently managing your own case load;
- Working across the age range with services in both a clinic and natural environments;
- Undertaking a range of assessments and providing interpretations and insights;
- Leading therapy sessions to address key areas of functional challenge;
- Analysing clinical records for relevant information and maintaining clinical files;
- Developing home programs, tailored to suit each individual;
- Prescribing specialised adaptive equipment;
- Providing training and support to carers, teachers, staff and allied health colleagues to help improve the lives of children and adolescents;
- Educating youth workers and carers, in appropriate intervention strategies; and
- Liaising with external agencies in regards to your clients where appropriate.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience as an Occupational Therapist, hold relevant tertiary qualifications and be a registered member of AHPRA.
You will be a passionate individual who shares our values of teamwork, fairness and impartiality, honesty and respect. You will be someone who thrives in an environment that is both collaborative and independent, and you will display the highest degree of professionalism and accuracy in all aspects of your work.
Previous experience working in disability care would be an advantage.
Your Next Step:
Please click "Apply" to submit your cover letter and resume and be considered immediately for this role. For further enquiries, please contact Effie Lambos on (02) 4979 7777.
Leapfrog Ability are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Speech Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Support Coordinators
- Disability Support Workers
If you are interested in applying for a role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org